Barbados Midnight Marathon, Half Marathon and 50K 2016
This event has been cancelled.
If you would like to run a marathon Barbados we recommend Run Barbados Marathon Weekend.
To celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Independence.
To give local runners the opportunity to run an official marathon, half marathon and 50K without exposing themselves to excessive heat and traffic.
To give members of the international marathon running community, such as Marathon Maniacs, Marathon Globetrotters, Country Marathon Club and others the opportunity to add more countries to their list of marathons.
To further promote Barbados as a Sports Tourism Destination.
Eric Clarke: email@example.com
Ralf Luther: firstname.lastname@example.org
Barbados Midnight Marathon Facebook Page
To be confirmed
The Retinal Clinic
NewspaperDirect / Press Reader
1.Treat volunteers, other participants, crew, and spectators with kindness and give thanks even when you may feel tired and grumpy.
2. As the race route will remain open to the public, please expect no more than the usual courtesies extended to normal pedestrians
3. Do not defile public or private property; use the garbage cans etc. and the portable/public toilets where available.
4. You will find course markings at the start, half way, the finish and at 5 Km intervals on the route. While we don’t expect you to know every twist and turn on the course, we do expect you to have a good general sense of direction
5. The course has along its entire length street light at approximately 50 m intervals. Do look out for drainage grills and uneven road surface. An injury will ruin both your day and ours.
6. Do not leave the course without giving notice of such an action. Individuals and teams who drop out must notify a race official along the route. This is important so we don’t send out search parties unnecessarily.
7. We will engage the services of Police motorcycle teams to maintain conformance to road rules at such a time when many motorist take the opportunity to drive beyond the normal speed limits.
8. Most importantly: Have Fun!!!
Marathon: 42.1950Km (about 26.2 miles)
Half Marathon: 21.0975Km (about 13.1 miles)
50K: 50.000Km (about 31 miles)
Midnight (00:00hrs) Saturday/Sunday, October 29th/30th, 2016
Marathon: Four loops of just over 10.5Km each.
Half Marathon: Two loops of just over 10.5Km each.
50: Marathon route plus one loop of about 7.8Km.
Out-bound: Start at Bay Street Esplanade, Bay Street, Chamberlain Bridge, Wharf Road, Hincks Street, Princess Alice Highway, Prescod Boulevard, Spring Garden Highway.
In-bound: Spring Garden Highway, President Kennedy Drive, Westbury Road, Baxters Road, Tudor Street, Milk Market, Broad Street, Charles Duncan O’Neale Bridge, Probyn Street, Bay Street to finish at Bay Street Esplanade.
Maximum elevation is 7m. Route is subject to approval by the relevant authorities. Route map will be posted in due course.
Approximate locations: to be advised.
25-27 deg C (77-81 deg F), relative humidity between 70 and 100%.
As roads will be open to vehicular traffic as usual, all participants must wear
- a reflective vest or similar gear, and
- a white light on the front, and
- a flashing red light on the back.
Marathon and 50K: Participants must be at least 16 years of age on race day.
Half Marathon: Participants must be at least 13 years of age on race day.
The use of personal music devices is strongly discouraged at this race. To enjoy all that our race has to offer and for the safety of all participants, we encourage a headphone-free environment during the running of the Barbados Midnight Marathon.
Runners can leave their bags at a secure location at the start/finish.
Click here. (coming soon)
The start and finish will be at the Bay Street Esplanade, just a few meters from the pristine Carlisle Bay beach and within walking distance (less than a mile) of the Hilton, Radisson and Marriott Courtyard hotels.
Contact email@example.com for details.
Until 31 August 2016: Local B$80, International US$80
From 1 September until 30 September 2016: Local B$100, International US$100
From 1 October until 14 October 2016: Local B$120, International US$120
(Local: Barbadian citizens and residents)
Registration will close on 14 October 2016 or once the maximum of 100 (one hundred) runners has been reached, whichever the earlier.
The entry fee goes towards covering expenses such as race numbers, finisher medals, aid station supplies, police and ambulance fees, portable toilets, etc.
It does not include the commemorative shirt.
Local runners please pay Eric or Ralf prior to the deadline.
International runners will be sent payment instructions after they have completed the online entry form (see below link).
Online Entry Form
Details coming soon.
All registered participants will receive a unique hand-made plate made by Earthworks Pottery.
Travel and Accommodation
Many international airlines service the island with non-stop flights mainly from the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.
Some smaller airlines handle traffic from both the Caribbean and South America.
United States: US Airways, American Airways, Jet Blue
Canada: Air Canada, West Jet
United Kingdom: British Airways, Virgen Atlantic
Germany (Frankfurt): Condor
Brazil (Sao Paulo): GOL
Colombia (Bogota): Avianca
The Hilton Barbados Resort, the Radisson Aquatica Resort and the Marriott Courtyard Bridgetown are within one mile of the start/finish and about 10 miles from the airport.
For further travel information please visit the following websites:
All participants received a unique hand-made commemorative plate made by Earthworks Pottery.