Barbados Midnight Marathon 2014
To give local runners the opportunity to run an official marathon without incurring the expense of going abroad.
To give members of the international marathon running community, such as Marathon Maniacs, Marathon Globetrotters, Country Marathon Club and others the opportunity to add more countries to their list of marathons.
To further promote Barbados as a Sports Tourism Destination.
Eric Clarke: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ralf Luther: email@example.com
Barbados Midnight Marathon Facebook Page
The Retinal Clinic
NewspaperDirect / Press Reader
1.Treat volunteers, other participants, crew, and spectators with kindness and give thanks even when you may feel tired and grumpy.
2. As the race route will remain open to the public, please expect no more than the usual courtesies extended to normal pedestrians
3. Do not defile public or private property; use the garbage cans etc. and the portable/public toilets where available.
4. You will find course markings at the start, the finish and at 5 Km intervals on the route. While we don’t expect you to know every twist and turn on the course, we do expect you to have a good general sense of direction
5. The course has along its entire length street light at approximately 50 m intervals. Do look out for drainage grills and fire hydrants on the road surface. An injury will ruin both your day and ours.
6. Do not leave the course without giving notice of such an action. Individuals and teams who drop out must notify a race official along the route. This is important so we don’t send out search parties unnecessarily.
7. We will engage the services of Police motorcycle teams to maintain conformance to road rules at such a time when many motorist take the opportunity to drive beyond the normal speed limits.
8. Most importantly: Have Fun!!!
42.195Km (26.2 miles)
Midnight (00:00hrs) Saturday/Sunday, November 1st/2nd, 2014
Out-bound: Start at Bay Street Esplanade, Bay Street, Chamberlain Bridge, Wharf Road, Hincks Street, Princess Alice Highway, Prescod Boulevard, Spring Garden Highway to Speightstown Roundabout via Highway 1, Queen Street, Orange Street and Sand Street
Return (in-bound): Speightstown Bypass Road, Speightstown Roundabout to Frank Worrell Roundabout (via Highway 1), Black Rock Road to Eagle Hall, Barbarees Hill, Baxters Road, Tudor Street, Milk Market, Broad Street, Charles Duncan O’Neale Bridge, Probyn Street, Bay Street to finish at Bay Street Esplanade
Approximately every 5K (3 miles). Check the interactive route map for exact locations.
Approximate locations: 5.4Km, 10.4Km, 15.4Km, 19.8Km, 22.6Km, 27.0Km, 32.0Km, 35.6Km, 38.6Km, 40.4Km
25-27 deg C (77-81 deg F), relative humidity between 70 and 100%.
As roads will be open to vehicular traffic as usual, all participants must wear
- a reflective vest or similar gear, and
- a white light on the front, and
- a flashing red light on the back.
Participants must be at least 16 years of age on race day.
The use of personal music devices is strongly discouraged at this race. To enjoy all that our race has to offer and for the safety of all participants, we encourage a headphone-free environment during the running of the Barbados Midnight Marathon.
Runners can leave their bags at a secure location at the start/finish.
The start and finish will be at the Bay Street Esplanade, just a few meters from the pristine Carlisle Bay beach and within walking distance (less than a mile) of the Hilton, Radisson and Marriott Courtyard hotels.
Until 31 August 2014: Local B$80, International US$80
From 1 September until 30 September 2014: Local B$100, International US$100
From 1 October until 17 October 2014: Local B$120, International US$120
(Local: Barbadian citizens and residents)
Registration will close on 18 October 2014 or once the maximum of 50 (fifty) runners has been reached, whichever the earlier.
The entry fee goes towards covering expenses such as race numbers, finisher medals, aid station supplies, police and ambulance fees, portable toilets, etc.
It does not include the commemorative shirt.
Local runners please pay Eric or Ralf prior to the deadline.
International runners will be sent payment instructions after they have completed the online entry form (see below link).
Online Entry Form
REGISTRATION CLOSED on Friday October 17th, 2014.
Travel and Accommodation
Many international airlines service the island with non-stop flights mainly from the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Some smaller airlines handle traffic from both the Caribbean and South America.
United States: US Airways, American Airways, Jet Blue
Canada: Air Canada, West Jet
United Kingdom: British Airways, Virgen Atlantic
Germany (Frankfurt): Condor
Brazil (Sao Paulo): GOL
The Hilton Barbados Resort, the Radisson Aquatica Resort and the Marriott Courtyard Bridgetown are within one mile of the start/finish and about 10 miles from the airport.
For further travel information please visit the following websites:
Results can be found here.
All participants received a unique hand-made commemorative plate made by Earthworks Pottery.